Members / Donation
Becoming a member means you are supporting two institutions integral to Arrowtown: The Lakes District Museum & Gallery and the Arrowtown Post Office.
Your support enables the museum to continue collecting and presenting the history of the district in an accessible manner for all our visitors. It also ensures that the Museum can continue working to protect and preserve all manners of heritage around the Wakatipu and provide support to other institutions.
Benefits of becoming a member of the Lakes District Museum & Gallery include:
- Free entry into the museum – every time you visit
- 10% discount on retail purchases
- Free entry into the Special Exhibitions Gallery (for pay-to-view exhibitions)
- Members Evenings & Special Events
- Invitations to exhibition openings throughout the year
- Access to Museum Archives and Research Room
- Voting rights at AGM & right to stand for museum committee
- Museum newsletter delivered twice a year
- Individual $20
- Student $10
- Couple/Family $30
- Life $200 (life memberships are for individuals)
Our membership form is available to download here: Membership-application-form.pdf
Lakes District Museum Mission Statement
The focus of the Lakes District Museum collection is to document and record the gold mining and social history of the Wakatipu.
If you have an artefact – paper, photograph or object – that you would like to donate to the museum, please read through our collection policy first.
If you agree to the conditions, please bring your item into the museum or . Please note, due to space restrictions, the director has the final say over all acquisitions entering our collection.
To see what our latest acquisitions are, have a look at our blog. There are always lots of intriguing finds making their way into our collection!